As you know, I’m all about helping local businesses get found online. While I would love to tell you ‘list it and forget it’ works like a charm, this is truly not the case.
Building Trust Starts With a Solid Listing Management Foundation
To build trust amongst search engines and consumers, you must have a few basic elements to get started.
- NAP (name, address and phone number) data related to the business is accurate and consistent.
- The business is listed on quality directories sites — more is not always better.
- Customers talking about the business have positive things to say on review sites.
Now that you know just a little about the basics, I want to explore the power of building niche citations on sites like RateMDs and FindLaw.
Niche Citations Help Doctors and Lawyers Get Found
Did you know…
- Businesses that are categorically relevant to searchers have a much greater chance of being found.
- Niche citation submissions ensure business categories, such as lawyers and doctors, populate in organic search results.
- When a business is listed in a category-specific directory, it adds authority for the business in search.
At Advice Local, we help our agency and local marketing partners like you build authoritative citations that search engines and consumers trust with our legal and/or healthcare vertical product.
We Know, You Know
The proof is in the numbers — so here is some important data about vertical directories to consider:
- The directory sites within our legal vertical get more than 5 million hits each month and have over 3.3 million keywords they rank for within the first 10 pages of keyword-relevant searches.
- The directory sites within our healthcare vertical get almost 1 million hits each month and have over 1.5 million keywords they rank for within the first 10 pages of keyword-relevant searches.
While we would like to tell you that all directories are created equal and all links are good links, this isn’t the case. Quality directories exhibit specific characteristics — here’s a how-to on choosing the best directories.
Did you know being listed in low-quality directories can damage a business’ ranking in search results? No business can afford to take risks like this.
For our current partners, you can order this product add-on day or night from your partner dashboard.
For those of you that are not partners yet, request a demo to learn more about our listing management solution and how you too can utilize this product for your healthcare and legal clients.