There are a lot of companies out there that will tell you it’s imperative your company gets into all the free search engine listings and business directories known to man. And there are several submission tools you will find online that will do little more than bombard your inbox with paid submission services, link building strategies, SEO services and so on. There are several search engines where you’ll want to see your company listed, of course, but for the sake of brevity we’ll focus on five of them.
Five Free Search Engine Listings and Directories Where You’ll Want to Appear
- Google+ Local – This one needs to be at the top of any company’s priority list when it comes to free search engine listings. The main reason is that Google receives an estimated 6 billion searches every day – an obviously staggering number. Your business listing will also appear in Google Maps and customers can leave reviews on your company page to show searchers why doing business with you is a great idea.
- Bing Places for Business – It may be a distant No. 2 to Google, but Bing is still a powerful search engine that allows you to add multiple business locations simultaneously. You can also add photos, videos and other components to make your listing stand out more.
- Yahoo! Local – This provides you with a free basic listing but you need to pay to add a description, photos and more. For $29.99 a month they will add your company to more than 40 other directory listings.
- Yelp – Many consumers trust Yelp reviews more than any other of the free search engine listings on the Internet. This site can deliver effective word-of-mouth advertising and also allows you to send public or private messages to your customers.
- Yellow Pages – The Internet’s counterpart to the venerable printed publication that has been a staple of American homes for decades, YellowPages.com offers several services including lead generation and advertising services as well as detailed performance data. While the basic listing is free, the others, of course, will cost various amounts of money per month.
Again, these simply scratch the surface of the free search engine listings and directories you definitely want your business to be a part of. Angie’s List, Foursquare, Superpages.com and Citysearch are just some of the others. If you want more information as to which ones would be best for your particular company or you want to learn the most effective ways to submit to these listings, get in touch with Advice Local. Give us a call at 855-714-7634 or contact us online.