Local.com is a listing site that garners over 1.7 million views per day, of which approximately 700,000 stay and visit the page.* For as low as $2 a month, you can get your site listed online. It assists businesses with local SEO and helps them ensure that their neighbors and community find their services when they search.
The good entry price and ability to upgrade to significantly more powerful packages makes Local.com a great starting place to list your business. They boast that you can get up to 3 billion clicks on your listing. While that number is probably inaccurate and exaggerated, if you want publicity, Local.com is a great place to start.
Here’s a quick guide to signing up with Local.com:
- Go to this link.
- Fill in the required information.
- A pop up box will appear, trying to give you a free rating for your credit score. Unclick the box, then click “Continue”.
- You will be taken to “yext.com,” where you can set up more of your business information.
- Your information will be scanned to show how easily people can find you, and how accurate your search is. Make sure all your information is correct!
- Build up your business information “as you’d like it to appear on the Internet.”
- Fix your plan according to the service you’d like. The lowest annual cost is $99 to get listed on Local.com.
- Checkout with your order. You will receive a confirmation email.
- If you did not receive a password to Local.com in your confirmation email, don’t worry. Go to Local.com, and click on the orange “Login” button on the top right corner. The site will tell you the password is incorrect. Click “forgot password,” fill out the information, and an email will be sent with a link to change the password.
- Open the email, click on “Click Here” to reset the password.
- A page opens up with your email already populated. Enter your password.
- The login screen will appear next. Enter your email and the password to log in.
- The next page will show your listing and that it is awaiting approval. Click “edit” and enter the rest of your business information. Take note of the right hand side of the page. You can enter photos, videos, and URL’s. When finished, click “Submit”.
- Now wait for the listing to get approved. An email will be sent to confirm its approval.*Information based on Alexa and Wolfram Alpha’s