For those of you that follow local search closely, you know how important Google My Business optimization is for helping local businesses place in Google Maps and the Local Pack. For those of you that don’t follow it closely, hopefully you look to partners like us to guide you down the right path. (We love helping with this btw) … which brings us to today’s topic.
Local SEO Has Been Added to the SEO Periodic Table
Last week Search Engine Land released their updated SEO Periodic Table. We were happy to see they gave Local the attention it deserves by including it under the new section, Niches.
According to their SEO Periodic Table, the elements that fall under Local have some pretty high weights assigned to them. Here are the weights and explanations for the elements that fall under this section of the table.
- Google My Business +5 – A Google My Business listing is required to get found on the local map.
- Locations +5 – The searcher’s location plays into the results that show up on a local search.
- Citations +3 – Citations show search engines you’re a real business.
- NAP +3 – Name, address and phone number must be consistent across all digital citations.
- Reviews +3 – There is a direct correlation between the number and quality of reviews and local SEO rankings.
Just as reported in the Local Ranking Factors Study, they make it clear these signals are important for all local businesses to consider.
Reputation and Content Elements Impact Visibility
Within the Reputation element group, we’d like to highlight how the table addresses EAT (expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness). While all these elements in the SEO Periodic Table are important, we wanted to highlight these specific ones today since they can impact client visibility in search in many ways.
Are You Managing Your Client’s Visibility?
If you’re not paying close attention to your clients’ Google My Business listings, citations, NAP & reviews, you’re essentially leaving their online visibility to chance. At Advice Local, we make it simple for local marketers to help the businesses they represent stand out online with our all-in-one listing management solution. Request a demo online or call (214) 310-1356 to learn how.